(sorry for the lack of pics in this post...read on and you will understand!)
We were packed and ready and on the road by 8:30 Saturday morning...I call that a success! 4 adults...2 kiddos and a lot of stuff! We were packed in the car but happy to be on the road and headed to the sunny beaches of Florida. Unfortunately I had a sick little boy...we went to the doctor on Friday and got an antibiotic...thank you Lord. He started running fever at 4:00 Saturday morning so I was praying hard that our trip would not be a disaster! He was a trooper! He didn't sleep much in the car which is rare for him but he did the best he could under the circumstances!
We made a stop in Shreveport for lunch and a little leg stretching. My parents met us to eat and it was great seeing them. It was time for medicine for Little Man and he was not a fan! Think screaming, kicking and spitting! Stressful for mommy but we made it through! Once in the car...he passed out! Poor baby!
We made it to Laurel, Mississippi and our hotel just in time. Colton was exhausted and fever was coming back strong and I was ready to get him out of the car and hold him like he had asked me to many times...so sad to hear "hold me" from your sick little boy in the back seat. :(
His first stay in a hotel was not as exciting as I thought it would be. We snuggled in the bed, took more meds and relaxed while everyone else went to dinner. By bedtime he was feeling better and ready to go to bed. He slept pretty good but I had to wake him for more meds at 12:30 and 6:30 at which point I put him in bed with us. We snuggled until 9:00.
We were back on the road by 10:00 Sunday morning headed to Florida. Things were looking up! We stopped for lunch and leg stretching at Mellow Mushroom...yummy! Colton was a little better but still coughing and running fever! The last 30 minutes on the road were rough...more "hold me" from the back seat! Break.My.Heart! But we made it to the condo in Fort Walton Beach! We were out of the car and not planning on getting back in it for a while! The boys played on Mimi and Pawpaw's bed jumping and laughing while we got settled in our condo.
Colton was asking to get in his "bed" so he took a much needed nap while we ventured out to the beach...thanks Mimi for staying with him! The weather was great, the water was perfect and the sand was beautiful! I sat and relaxed and soaked in the sun for a few minutes before my mommy duties continued.
Day 2 was coming to an end. We were glad to be at our destination and looking forward to a great week on the beach!
So sorry to hear he wasn't feeling well. :( What a trooper though (you and him!!!)
ReplyDelete